Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Conestoga Wagon, our craft for our Laura Ingalls Wilder Gingerbread Sociable


Good Monday, young Pomonans! This is a picture of our craft that we will be doing at our Laura Ingalls Wilder Gingerbread Sociable on February 4, 2009 from 1:00-4:00pm. Please mark this day on the calendar because we will have a great time. Grandma Sue and Ms. Nissa will help you all put this together. Sorry, guys, crafts isn't my thing. I'm the storyteller. Crafts just confuse me. :)

Here are our weekly activities. Come on in and see us. We always have something going on. Our Homework Assistance Center is always crowded and I'm always seeing happy faces. Imagine having fun doing homework! It happens here!

Monday: 12:00-2:00pm Come play at ELF

Tuesday: 12:15pm Preschool Story time. Grandma Sue will be doing this for me. I will be at a storytelling workshop at Los Angeles Public Library. I'm sorry this is on a Tuesday. I get a little crabby when I have to miss story time!
3:00pm After school story time. Ms. Nissa will be doing this for me. (I'll still be at the workshop!)
4-6pm Homework Assistance Center

Wednesday: 3:30-4:30pm Grandparents and Books
4-6pm Homework Assistance Center

Thursday: 12:15pm Infant Story time. I'll be doing this for Grandma Sue who is off that day.
4-6pm Homework Assistance Center

Be here young Pomonans!

Joke of the day: What boat is always sorry for itself?
Answer: A woe-boat. :) (Okay, come on, I know that made you laugh!)

No comments: