Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Monday, January 19, 2009

The Saga Continues

The good news is that sometime during the night they came out and ate and used the litter box. The big problem this morning was how to give Joy (the diabetic cat) her shot. They both were out of the carrier but were under my bed. I cleaned the food dishes and put fresh food just outside the bed and then I laid in wait with the shot in my hand. I waited.....and I waited.....and I waited some more.... You got it, she didn't come for the food. So I moved my bed, flung myself over sideways, found Joy, pulled her out and gave her her shot. And I get to do this all over again tonight!

You know, I'm taking this one day at a time. If this routine continues I'm going to have to get up at 4:00am in order to get to work on time!

The cat in this picture kind of looks like Joy. She has more white on her face. She has the big eyes though!

I can't figure out how to get to my pictures on my compter at home and post them. My computer at work is much easier. I'll post their pictures tomorrow.

If anyone has tips for me I could sure use them!

Joke of the day: How did Benjamin Franklin feel when he discovered eletricity?
Answer: Shocked!


UPDATE: A friend of mine came over this afternoon. She's brilliant! We put boxes under my bed to block the hard to reach places and still left them space to hide. I can easily reach Joy to give her her shot. What we do for our animals!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lois,
I used to give my cat anti-anxiety pills. Although probably not as traumatic as a shot, she hated me forcing her mouth open and holding it shut until she swallowed the pill. In the beginning, I would give her a treat right after the pill so the experience wasn't entirely negative. Eventually she got used to to the pill and stopped fighting me. Also, I would sometimes brush her immediately after giving her the medication and I think that calmed her down a bit.

You're right--the crazy things we do for our pets!!

Hope some of this helps!

Julia

Ms. Lois said...

Julia,

Thanks so much! The Vet did give me some "kitty prosac" and I've been grinding them up and putting it in their food. The problem was they only like Salmon flavor. I learned that real quick and now they are eating it. I sure hope it helps!

Unknown said...

I found your blog by looking for "Dewey". I'm hoping the cats have calmed down and things are under control now.

Way back when, just after WW2, we had a "bookmobile" come to our neighborhood as it was being developed. That was my first experience with a library. I loved it and books have been my friends ever since.

Keep up the good work, the kids today need encouragement to read and think, and to eventually realize that electronic toys aren't the answer to everything.