Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This is giving me a headache


This is giving me a headach
Originally uploaded by Fiora
Everyone knows how this feels. I got my share of it today. Big bad headache. I guess I'll have to get my eyes checked again. Anyway, I missed all of you today and I wanted to remind you all about tomorrow.

Tomorrow from 3:00-3:30 will be a story time. The theme will be trees. From 3:30-4:00pm there will be a craft about trees.

This is our second program for our big read. If you read the book "To Kill a Mockingbird", you would know that Jem and Scout walked by a tree everyday. Sometimes there would be things waiting for them in that tree.

Do you have a favorite tree? My favorite tree is on the south west corner of Towne and Mission. Check it out!

Joke of the day: How do you know when you have a really bad headache?
Answer: By how many pounds it gives you. :)
(Sorry, guys. I don't feel very well and that's the best I could do. :)

No comments: