Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Craft Tuesday 11/28/09

















The picture right above is a sample of the craft we did today. The other pictures are the masks made by our children. We were being very creative at our library!

We really had a good time with this today. I announced (as I always do) that I would be taking pictures and putting it on our blog (which is on the internet.) I always ask the parents permission because some have serious objections to having a picture of their child on the internet. I totally understand that and if anyone has any objections I won't take their picture. Today we had all sorts of interest and I took pictures of almost everyone. They were all so good and most of the kids wore their masks and some wanted only a picture of there mask. It was interesting that today none of the parents objected but several of the children themselves objected. I believe in honoring everyone's request.

Just a reminder that tomorrow is our Puppet show with Swazzle. We start at 3:3opm and after the show we will have our raffle and honoring our readers of the week with prizes.

See you here!!

Joke of the day: Where do finger puppets get their outfits?
Answer: They're all hand-me-downs. :)

No comments: