Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Story Time


Story Time at Warrenton
Originally uploaded by fauquierlibrary
Wow! Did we have fun today? Yes we did! I love spring break because not only are we really busy but I get to see story time "graduates" who have gone on to either preschool or to kindergarten. This picture is not our story time but it could be. I'm not quite into the digital age yet but I will be!

We have new play equipment that we got through a grant called ELF (Early Learning Families). We put toys throughout the children's room and we have special toys to use after story time. The favorite so far is our backpacks filled with learning toys for children to play with their parents or caregivers. This lengthens the time at the library and gives more one on one time with the parent or care giver. We have added another toddler time on Wednesdays and an infant story time on Thursday mornings. We have board books and baby toys for the infants and it is fun to watch this group interact.

So come on in. There is much to see and do. We have board books and picture books to introduce Laura Ingalls Wilder to the very young.

Joke for the day:

Knock-knock
Whose there?
Foe.
Foe who?
Foe me? You shouldn't have!

2 comments:

me said...

As dictated to the Goddess of Pomona:

"Miss Lois:

I had a good time. It was fun to see you today. It was so funny when you swallowed the worm at storytime. We promised we'd read a book every day if you did it.

Mr. Big"

Ms. Lois said...

Dear Mr. Big,

It was so great to see you! I got so used to seeing you and your Mom every Tuesday that I really miss seeing you every week. I can't believe you remember me swallowing that horrid worm! But then I guess it would be hard to forget something like that. I sure haven't! Have you read a book everyday? If so, it was more than worth it.

Take care and please keep coming in. You are someone I absolutely want to watch grow up.

Ms. Lois