Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Story Time 4/22/08



Hey,hey, we had a great time this morning. These children are part of our Tuesday morning story time. We heard stories, sang songs, had a flannel board story, did finger plays and much more. The last story/song we did was one of my all time favorites. It's called "Love Can Build a Bridge" by Naomi Judd. The pictures in the book went with a tape we played with the "Judds" singing the song. I love doing this book/song with young children because they really "get" it. My great hope for these Pomona children is that they learn young how to share, to be inclusive with others, and value peace so by the time they are old enough to join the Youth and Family Master Plan they can truly make a difference. I guess that's a big dream for such young children but they are the future of Pomona and I like what I see.

3 comments:

me said...

What a nice post, Lois. And hey, I recognize a couple of those kids! I haven't seen one of them in about a year.

Looking forward to summer storytime,

G of P

Anonymous said...

I found your site when searching for flannel boards! What a wonderful thing you are doing there in the library! I sell flannel board pieces if you want to check out my site but I wanted to thank you for mention that book by Naomi Judd. I haven't heard of it so I will check that out, I am sure it is wonderful!! Thanks for all you are doing for children!

Ms. Lois said...

Thanks G of P!

Story time felts: Thanks for stopping by. I checked out your web sight and nearly got lost! It was fabulous and something I may look further into. Thanks for all you do for children as well.