Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Buster Balloon!








Oh my goodness, we had the BEST time with Buster Balloon yesterday. He was excellent at making things with balloons and he had a laugh out loud sense of humor! I was still laughing this morning over things he said and did. The very best part was watching the children react to him. They were completely caught up with him and enjoyed every single minute of it. I wish I could describe this accurately to you but words don't do it justice. Ms. Nissa, Grandma Sue and I kept saying to each other "look at the kid's faces." It was the best feeling to watch their reactions and to see such joy in their faces. If you missed the show, don't worry because we will definetly have him back. The end of the show was the best part. Buster blew up this large woopie cushion and actually got inside of it! He was walking around in it and acting like he couldn't get out. Again, the kids went wild with this (in a good way.) I wish I had the words to descibe this. Maybe next time I'll invite David Allen to the performance. He is much better with words than I am. :)

So far, this is the BEST Summer Reading Program that I have had the privilege to be a part of. There are more kids and more happy energy than I have ever seen before. We had about 350 people crowded into our Laura Ingalls Wilder room yesterday. We have weekly crafts that the kids love and several story times that have been going well.

I've said this before and I will say it again: Yes, our programs have been pushed to the afternoon. But we have great air conditioning and we are still here for you. Come in and check it out or come back in for some more fun. We love it here and we would love to share it with you. See you soon!

Joke for the day: Who says "Quick, Quick"?
Answer: A duck with the hiccups! :)

No comments: