Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hard Landing


Hard Landing
Originally uploaded by Luminous Lu
Boy oh boy do I know how she feels! Good day, young Pomonans. Have you ever had a bad day? You know those days when you probably should have stayed home? Those days that people warn you about but you never take seriously? Well I seem to be having one of those days!

This morning it was threatening to rain. I called my mom and she said to me "Don't fall." I just laughed and said "yeah mom". I'm not laughing now!

In story time this morning I was doing my rendition of "The Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly". I use my Grandma Lu puppet to act out the song. She literally eats all of the animals and when the spider "wiggles and jiggles and tickles inside her", I get really close to the kids and shake the puppet. I moved backwards after that and promptly fell off of a step, right onto my backside!!! How embarrassing!
But then you just have to laugh at yourself and move on.

So now young Pomonans, why am I telling you this story? It is this:
ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!!!!

Joke of the day: What did I do for my story time kids today?
Answer: I fell for them! ;)

No comments: