Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Library Director's Birthday!



Great day to you, young Pomonans! Last week our library director, Greg Shapton, celebrated his 60th birthday. I know that sounds terribly old to you, and well I guess it is! :) These pictures were taken last year when he wasn't nearly so old. I'll take pictures today and let you decide for yourselves if he's "over the hill." :) I knew we were having his party today and I still managed to forget his card. Shoot! It's a really good one too.

Here are our weekly activities:

Monday: 12:00-2:00pm Come play at elf.

Tuesday: 12:15pm Preschool story time.
3:00pm After school story time.
4:00-6:00pm Homework Assistance Center

Wednesday: 3:30-4:30pm Grandparents and books.
4:00-6:00pm Homework Assistance Center.

Thursday: 12:15pm Infant story time.
4:00-6:00pm Homework Assistance Center.

Don't forget that Friday is "Read Across America" day. It is a celebration of Dr. Seuss and how important reading is. I'll be at Mendoza Elementary School with my "Cat In the Hat" stuffed animals. I think I'll bring my "Horton Hears A Who" animals as well.

READ FOR THE FUN OF IT!!!

Joke of the day: Why did the little girl put ice in her Father's bed?
Answer: Because she like cold pop. :)

No comments: