Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Friday, September 19, 2008

In Las Vegas!

Greetings from Las Vegas, NV. I'm at a Clark County Library using the public computers. I only have ten more minutes so I better talk fast.

I registered for my blogging workshop when I got here. Then I registered at the hotel and came here to the library. This library is beautiful! I'll post pictures when I get back. The third floor of the library is for children and teens. It's huge and beautiful! They also have a storyhour room in there but ours is better. Honestly, theirs looks more like a untility room. Ours looks more like a theater.

This computer room is in the basement. It's huge as well. Every computer is filled and they are booked up for the rest of the day. I'm at a 15 minute express station and I'm freaked that my time will be cut off any moment. This will be the only time I have to blog this weekend so I'll have to sign off now and fill you in on everything on Monday.

Have a great weekend young Pomonans!!

Joke of the day: (Sorry I can't make one up right now because I'm freaked about the time!!)

No comments: