Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back from vacation!






It's GREAT to be back at the Pomona Public Library! I had some good times on my vacation and for the next several days I will be posting about them. I'll start out with Scottsbluff, Nebraska. Scottsbluff is a familiar spot on the Oregon Trail. Many pioneers came this way so seek a new life out west. My great-grandparents settled in this area. Gering, Nebraska is where they located and they had a great view of Scottsbluff from their farm. My Mother and her twin brother were born here and were raised on a dairy farm. I have many happy memories visiting every summer on vacations.

These pictures were taken at Scottsbluff National Monument. You can see the wagon ruts that were formed from the wagon trains heading west. My little cousin, Austin, is standing next to one. Just standing near them makes you feel like you're standing in history.

No comments: