Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Pomona Christmas Parade 2010







We had a great time at the Pomona Christmas Parade this year. The decorated red truck is the Pomona bloggers entry. My brother drove the truck for us and some rode on the truck while others walked. I walked so I could promote the newest Diary of a Wimpy Kid book. I told everyone to come to the library this afternoon to get it. The minute I stepped into the library two of our regular kids greeted me with a picture of me on their cell phone walking in the parade! They said they wanted the new wimpy kid book. They got it!

A big thank you to all of the bloggers who helped plan and make our entry great! It was really fun to put a face with the blog!

Joke of the day: What kind of truck gets the hiccups?
Answer: A hiccup truck! ;)

No comments: