Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Dumbledore and Harry

Isn't this great? Harry looks pretty good but Dumbledore? I don't want to seem picky but isn't he dead? I guess for a dead guy he looks pretty good. I found this picture on flickr under "Christmas, shopping, and children." I guess they did this for a holiday event.

It is really strange to be here on a Monday and not have any weekly activities to report. The truth is we are only here today and tomorrow and have a five day weekend. Not bad!

Tomorrow is going to be terrible for me because there is no story time. If you have time during your day please come in and cheer me up. I really can't stand it when we don't have story time.

Joke of the day: Why did Santa Claus take his Christmas tree to the dentist?
Answer: To get a root canal! :)

No comments: