Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersein, Adieu! Going on vacation!!!

Adios! That's right I'm going on vacation. Today is my last day at work and I leave for the good old midwest on Monday. I haven't visited my family for several years and it will be good to see them.

I plan on going to as many libraries as I can and I may blog from on the road. I'll try to talk Ms. Nissa and Grandma Sue to continue blogging from home.

We had a terrific summer! I can't remember laughing this hard in a long time. The final count for our readers this summer is: 1,018 readers! We met our goal and surpassed it and had a lot of fun along the way.

You have a couple of weeks to rest and then school begins again. Remember that we are here for you!

Joke of the day: Why did the blue jay get a perm?
Answer: Because the curly bird catches the worm. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation. You deserve it. Paige would love to visit libraries with you!!