Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sneeze!


sneeze
Originally uploaded by H L Windcrampe
Hey! I've missed you all! I've been home with a rather nasty cold. You know, sneezing, blowing your nose, talking like a frog ...I'm afraid I don't make a good patient. I hate not going into work. Television gets boring and besides you have to deal with those comercials where a green talking mucus man gets blown up. Who needs that?

I've been on the computer a lot. I think I've read every article on the Daily Bulletin.com. I read other blogs about five times a day, try not to call my co-workers and ask "what have I missed?"

I am reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee which is our next Big Read in Pomona. It's quite good in case you haven't read it. For an adult book, that is.

Help me out here folks. Leave a comment and tell me what you do when you stay home sick. I'm all tapped out. Oh, and by the way, the next time you are in the library, try not to sneeze on the librarian. :)

No comments: