Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Dream Vacation

I go on vacation next week. This is my dream vacation because a vacation like this is only in my dreams. The truth is I have a lot of vacation hours and I need to lower them. Am I going anywhere? Well, maybe to Upland Public Library, or maybe I'll take Flat Stanley to the beach...

All our programs will be going strong. I will be coming in for the Tuesday story time. (How could I possibly miss the April 1st story time? I pull all the silly stories I can get my hands on.) My favorite is "The Twist Mouth Family". I bet you can't guess what is silly about that family!

Toddler time and Infant story time will be Wednesday and Thursday at 10:00am. Ms. Nissa and Grandma Sue do a GREAT job with these groups.

Don't forget our homework center. Tuesday and Thursday the hours are 4:00pm-6:00pm. and Wednesday 3:00pm-5:00pm. This is for students in grades 3 through 6.

Grandparents and Books is Wednesday from 3:30-4:30pm. Grandma Jean comes in especially for this and does an excellent job. She even lets you practice your reading if you want too.

So have a great week. If you have suggestions of what you do on your vacations please leave a comment. I can use all the help I can get!

No comments: