Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Homework Center Comes to PPL!

Homework! Oh, Homework!
by Jack Prelutsky
(Prelutsky, Jack. The New Kid on the Block.)

Homework! Oh, homework!
I hate you! You Stink!
I wish I could wash you
away in the sink,
if only a bomb
would explode you to bits.
Homework! Oh, homework!
You're giving me fits.

I'd rather take baths
with a man-eating shark,
or wrestle a lion
alone in the dark,
eat spinach and liver,
pet ten porcupines,
than tackle the homework
my teacher assigns.

Homework! Oh, homework!
You're last on my list,
I simply can't see
why you even exist,
if you just disappeared
it would tickle me pink.
Homework! Oh, homework!
I hate you! You stink!


If this is how you feel about homework, we're here for you! We are opening a homework center beginning Tuesday, March 4th. So, March Fourth into the library! Cal Poly Pomona students will be here to assist elementary students in grades 3 through 6. The hours are: Tuesday and Thursday 4:00pm-6:00pm. Wednesday: 3:00-5:00pm.

So be there if you care!

Homework Jokes
(Rosenbloom, Joseph. 696 Silly School Jokes & Riddles.)

Harold: Teacher, would you punish me for something I didn't do?
Teacher: Of course not.
Harold: Good, because I didn't do my homework.

Teacher: Did you do your homework?
Arthur: No, teacher.
Teacher: Do you have an excuse?
Arthur: Yes. It's all my mother's fault.
Teacher: She kept you from doing it?
Arthur: No, she didn't nag me enough.

And one last joke ...

Teacher: This homework looks like your father's writing.
Dwight: Sure, I used his pen.

No comments: