Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Jackie at home at PPL


Hello young Pomonans! Jackie was officially added to our Doll Collection this morning. She is standing near Winston Churchill and Mary Poppins. That's quite a group! We took the hairnet off her hair and added her earrings and necklace. She looks incredible! Come on in and see her.

This weekend marks the opening of the Fox Theater. How many of your Parents are going? I love that theater because I remember when I was in grade school we would go to movies there and I was so overwhelmed by the building. The inside was red velvet everywhere and it was so huge! When it stopped being a theater I refused to go back inside because I wanted to keep my memories intact.

Now that it is renovated I may just change my mind. If you have a chance to go in, please do.

Joke of the day: How do you keep a computer's breath fresh?
Answer: Give it a docu-mint. :)

No comments: