Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Monday, December 29, 2008

We're Back!!




Wow! You all just blew us away today. We had a huge line waiting to come into the library. We love that! I would say we were missed. Actually, I am sooooo glad to be back. I enjoy the holidays and all but I love being here.

The day after Christmas I was driving around and couldn't believe how beautiful the mountains were. I just had to pull over and take pictures. We are so lucky to be near such beauty.

Just before the holidays someone ran into my car in a parking lot. I was so very lucky that the other driver was honest and left me her name and phone number. It is so important to be honest, young Pomonans. The insurance company said about 1 in 15 people will actually leave a note. 1 in 15!! Being honest and kind to people makes you feel good. So go out young Pomonans and take care of each other!

Sorry that we don't have any activities this week. But keep coming in because we are here for you!

Joke of the day: What happened when the knife and spoon took a hike?
Answer: They found a fork in the road! :)

No comments: