Welcome to the Laura Ingalls Wilder Children's Room!

Ms. Clara Webber was the first children's librarian of Pomona Public Library. A long time correspondent with Mrs. Laura Ingalls Wilder, she was instrumental in having the Children's Room named in honor of Mrs. Wilder on May 25, 1950. Today, we house the original hand written manuscript for the novel Little Town on the Prairie. Every February, we host the Laura Ingalls Wilder Sociable in honor of Mrs. Wilder's February 7th birthday.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Presidents Day 2011

Good holiday young Pomonans! I like this picture. Is it President Lincoln chopping down a cherry tree??

Anyway, have a great day of rest or homework. I would tell you to come in and see us, but we are closed. Bummer.

See you tomorrow!

To my preschool Moms: My hours changed for tomorrow. Ms. Nissa will be doing preschool storytime and I will be doing Infant story time at 1:00pm. (They want me to work until 7:00pm, so I can't come in until 1:00pm.)

Joke of the day: How do you make a bandstand?

Answer: Take their chairs away! ;)


No comments: